11.02.2006

Post-snow blog

I have already missed the first two days of snow, and I don’t regret it, at least not very much. We had an inch, perhaps two, well before Halloween. Mid-October, really. The Upper Peninsula got buried pretty well. And famously Buffalo, NY too. They got hosed, though they get enough that I don't see why everyone cares. I think we have a week or two before anything will start, seriously, this year. Last December we got unexpectedly buried and it lasted for the month. I got back from the MLA convention in DC to the end of the winter, at least for a while, and the snow had receded. The weather was balmy, almost. 50s and 60s. A respite. It lasted for quite a while, and after that the winter had seemed to have blown itself out or up.

There is nothing in the air at all except for leaves and occasional light. It's late and I am seeing a reflection through the reflection of the inside of this room—there is someone out there, walking.

No comments: